When something is a one-tray wonder – it just tastes better, right? (We sure think so). The thing we love most about this One-Tray Mediterranean Chicken is that it’s high in essential nutrients such as lycopene (from the tomatoes) that’s a potent antioxidant, is packed with lean protein from the chicken to support all growth processes in the body, and is fuelled with good fats from the olives that support skin and even heart health. The delicious medley of salty, aromatic flavours in this dish is just a bonus.
ONE-TRAY MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN
- 750g potatoes, washed and halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 8 chicken thighs
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup mixed olives, seedless
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ½ cup fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fan-forced.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and place potatoes in the tray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly, then roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven, add the onion, garlic, lemon and chicken thighs, then drizzle with another tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for another 20 minutes then take out and turn the oven up to 220ºC fan-forced.
- Add the tomatoes and olives, then roast for a final 20 minutes, or until the chicken is golden.
- Sprinkle with feta and oregano, then drizzle with extra olive oil to serve.
SWIISH Tip: We love serving this one-tray chicken with our Greek Green Goddess Salad when we feel like adding some extra greens to the dish! So easy, so delicious!