This is the kind of easy to make monster salad you can enjoy any time of year. The best part about this Seared Steaks With Pumpkin & Cranberry Salad is that it’s got a unique blend of flavours and textures – thanks to the oh so sweet cranberries and crunchy hazelnuts. The bonus? It’s the perfect dish to sneak some extra iron-rich meat and spinach into your diet, hassle-free. As iron is one of the most important nutrients for your immune system, you can see why this dish is one of our go-to’s throughout the cooler months!
SEARED STEAKS WITH PUMPKIN & CRANBERRY SALAD
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 250g boneless sirloin steak
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 120g packet baby spinach
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup goats cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Line a medium-sized baking tray with baking paper. Arrange pumpkin in a single layer. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until browned, tossing once halfway through cooking.
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat. Add steak to pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Place steak on a cutting board and allow to stand for 10 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Combine remaining olive oil, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl or jar.
- On a large serving platter, layer the spinach, pumpkin, cranberries, and steak. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and shallots. Drizzle vinegar dressing and sprinkle with cheese to serve.