We love a loaf, especially one that’s loaded with as much flavour as this one. If you’re looking for the perfect grab-and-go savoury breakfast or snack, whip this Zucchini & Chickpea Loaf up at the beginning of the week. You won’t be disappointed.
ZUCCHINI & CHICKPEA LOAF
Makes 2 loaves
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp FIBRE Cleansing Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 loaf tins with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour evenly into loaf tins.
- Top as desired. We used chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake for 50 mins, or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Can’t wait to try this recipe? Watch Sally make it here!