Easy. Impressive. Delicious. This Tasty Thai-Style Steak Salad ticks all the boxes, not to mention it’s about as clean and lean as dinner can get.
TASTY THAI-STYLE STEAK SALAD
- 300g beef rump steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cashews – we love using toasted cashews!
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp crushed ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- Add marinade ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour ½ the marinade into a ziplock bag and place the steak inside, keeping the other ½ of the marinade to dress the salad with later. Seal and set in the fridge to marinate for 2-3 hours (this step is optional, the steak still tastes delicious even if it only marinates for 10-15 minutes).
- Bring a pan to medium heat, add the oil, and cook steak for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Toss together the salad ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with remaining marinade to serve.