With warming notes of chilli and the vibrant flavour of pumpkin, this Spiced-Up Pumpkin Super Soup is anything but boring. We serve ours with sourdough slathered in hummus (trust us).
SPICED-UP PUMPKIN SUPER SOUP
Dairy-free / Pescatarian
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 750g pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped into small cubes
- 1 large potato, peeled and roughly chopped into small cubes
- 4 tsp chilli powder, plus extra to serve
- Feta, to serve
- Pumpkin seeds, to serve
- Sourdough, toasted, to serve (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, potato, spice, and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a stick blender, puree the ingredients until smooth. Serve with extra chilli powder, feta, pumpkin seeds, and sourdough.