These Tasty Tex-Mex Chicken Burritos are a crowd-pleaser. Fair warning: you won’t have leftovers, they’re just too damn good.
TASTY TEX-MEX CHICKEN BURRITOS
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to pan-fry
- 4 tbsp Mexican spice mix
- Salt & pepper
- 500g chicken thigh pieces
- 4 large wholemeal tortillas
- ½ cup corn kernels (fresh or canned is fine)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, to serve
- 1 lime, sliced, to serve
- 2 avocado, smashed, to serve
- Natural Greek yoghurt, to serve
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 3 tbsp olive oil, 3 tbsp of spice mix, salt & pepper. Add the chicken to the bowl and allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates, add the remaining oil to a pan on medium heat and lightly pan-fry the corn and onion for 5 minutes with the remaining spice mix. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken for approximately 15 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken into small pieces. Combine the chicken with the corn and onion mix.
- Serve the tortillas with the chicken mix, coriander, lime, avocado, and a dollop of the yoghurt.