This Chopped Rainbow Salad With Tuna is the ultimate lunch to-go. Prep it in the morning in less than 5-mins and enjoy it for lunch (doused in dressing of course!).
CHOPPED RAINBOW SALAD WITH TUNA TO-GO
Dairy-Free / Gluten-free
- 2 cups mixed lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped, to serve
- 250g 90-second microwave pack of brown rice and quinoa
- 2 x 95g tins tuna
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled, to serve
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds, to serve
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined.
- To serve, prepare the brown rice and quinoa, top with the tuna and salad, then pour over the dressing. If taking the salad to-go, you can prepare the salad in the morning and take the tuna, rice and quinoa, and dressing with you to put together when you’re ready.