Struggle to find healthy snacks? We’ve rounded up our list of SWIISH Snack Super Hacks that are easy, delicious, and super clean.
- Fruit & Nut Butter – Apple slices and almond butter are a favourite of ours here! Banana and peanut butter is another delicious option.
- Raw Veggie Sticks & Bean Dip – Slice up some celery, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, capsicum, or green beans and enjoy them with hummus or another bean-based dip of choice! SWIISH Tip: Buy pre-chopped veggie sticks from the fridge section of your local supermarket.
- Bliss Balls – Making your own bliss balls is always a great idea. If you love chocolate as much as we do – these drool-worthy Choc-Fudge GLOW Balls are for you. Prefer something a little tropical? Then try out these delicious GLOW Lemon & Coconut Balls instead! (You won’t be disappointed).
- Boiled Egg, Salt & Pepper – We boil a few eggs up at the beginning of the week and taking these to work each day for an uber-clean snack. Season with salt and pepper for an easy super-satisfying snack.
- Roasted Beans – Roast some chickpeas up at the beginning of the week, or The Happy Snack Company has a delicious range of healthy roasted beans that we love.
- DIY Trail Mix – Most store-bought trail mixes have chocolate or dried fruit added to them, which (as delicious as they are) can be frustrating if you’re trying to eat a little cleaner. We recommend buying a bunch of nuts, seeds, and superfoods in bulk and mixing them yourself in a large jar or container for a cost-effective and super-healthy alternative.
Our preferred trail mix additions are: Walnuts, cashews, almonds, brazil nuts, goji berries, pepitas, sunflower seeds, cacao nibs, and dried coconut. So YUMMY!
- Yoghurt, Fruit & Nuts – This is a go-to clean snack of ours! Just top yoghurt with your choice of fruit, nuts and seeds, or even your DIY Trail Mix.
SWIISH Tip: Here’s a list of some clean yoghurt brands we use (that aren’t loaded with added sugar!)
- Popcorn – Not just good for movie nights, the organic sea salt store-bought versions of popcorn are a great snack option (such as this Cobs brand here!).
SWIISH Tip: If you’re at home (or have a microwave handy) try popping the flavourless popcorn yourself and boosting it with a few tasty superfoods. Here’s a couple of things we like to sprinkle over our popcorn:
• Shaved dark chocolate or cacao powder – these are loaded with skin-loving antioxidants
• Cinnamon – amazing for stabilising blood sugar and energy levels
• Paprika, chilli, salt & pepper – help stimulate digestion and metabolism
- Dehydrated Vegetable, Lentil, or Fruit Chips – these can be bought at various healthy food shops, the tip is to look for brands that are almost 100% vegetable, lentil, or fruit. Otherwise, if you have a dehydrator, you can easily make your own!
- Chewy-Choc Collagen Bars – This GLOW-packed snack is loaded with collagen that nourishes your skin and supports a healthy gut. We make these up at the beginning of the week to enjoy whenever we need a healthy sweet treat. Recipe here.
- Chia Pudding – Chia puddings help keep you fuller for longer and are high in omega-3’s excellent for skin health. One of our favourite brands is The Chia Co., otherwise, we make our own!
- Seaweed Thins – These tasty little guys are high in important vitamins and minerals (such as iodine) and are one of the best work-friendly snacks around. Our favourite organic brand is from Ceres Organics. We’re always mixing between the different flavours to keep things interesting!
- Brown Rice, Corn, or Quinoa Thins – The quintessential clean snack. We recommend keeping a packet at your desk.
Healthy toppings we like are:
• Tomato & cottage cheese
• Tuna & lettuce
• Pesto & Tomato
• Nut Butter & Banana
- Miso Soup or Bone Broth – If you’re after a warming snack, these two uber-clean options are our go-to. SWIISH Tip: Make a large batchat the beginning of the week so that you can take smaller portions to work each day. You can buy miso paste and bone broth from your local supermarket.