Smashed avo and a soft boiled egg. Name a more iconic duo, we’ll wait. Let’s just say, this Spicy Smashed Avo With A Twist hits the spot.
SPICY SMASHED AVO WITH A TWIST
Dairy-Free / Vegetarian
- 2 boiled eggs – you can prepare these the night before or purchase pre-boiled from most supermarkets in the fridge section
- 2 pieces grain toast – we love rye sourdough
- 1 tbsp beetroot hummus, to spread
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- Chilli flakes, to serve
- Toast sourdough. Spread beetroot hummus evenly over the two pieces of toast.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon, salt and pepper until combined.
- Top the toast evenly with the avocado. Add an egg to each piece of toast, sprinkle with spinach and chilli flakes to serve.