Chuck it all in a slow-cooker and go. This Nourishing Slow-Cooker Curry is as healthy (and delicious) as it gets. The best part? It’s loaded with veg and digestive-stimulating ingredients that will love your body from the inside out, as well as powerhouse anti-inflammatory ingredients including turmeric!
NOURISHING SLOW-COOKER CURRY
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 x 250g 90-second microwave pack of mixed rice – we love using Uncle Ben’s Microwave Brown Red & Wild Rice Medley 250g available at Woolworths
- Fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
- Salt and pepper
- In a large slow cooker, add coconut milk, water, peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add chicken thighs, sweet potato, carrot, and onion to the slow cooker. Gently stir so that the sauce covers the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and shred with two forks.
- Add shredded chicken back to the slow cooker along with the capsicum and peas. Cover and cook on high for a further 15-20 minutes. Prepare rice as per packet instructions, then serve.