Sometimes a nourishing risotto is just the warming recipe you need. This Easy Mushroom & Spinach Risotto recipe is big on flavour – without the heavy ingredients. Our favourite thing about this dish: the mushrooms, they’re a go-to secret superfood! Mushies are a great source of vitamin D to support immune health and are rich in B vitamins that are vital for everyday energy. Talk about a super healthy dinner, right?
EASY MUSHROOM & SPINACH RISOTTO
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups of brown rice or Arborio rice
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of white cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large non-stick pot over medium heat, add the oil and onion. Cook for several minutes until fragrant.
- Add garlic and rice, then stir to combine.
- Slowly pour one cup of stock in at a time, constantly stirring as you go, only adding new stock once the previous cup has been absorbed by the rice. The rice typically takes around 40-50 minutes to cook.
- When the rice is almost done, add the last cup of stock and chopped mushrooms.
- Once the rice has cooked completely, stir through the chives and baby spinach.
- To serve, top the dish with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.