Wraps are a great alternative to salads or the usual sandwich. In the swiish office, we’re all on a new year health kick and we love wraps because they’re quick and easy to make and also generally have less calories than sandwiches, which is always a winner in our books! Get creative with the fillings or try one of swiish’s favourite recipes!
- 1 Mission Garden Spinach & Herb Wrap
- 1 1/2 tbs cheese spread
- 1/4 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 50g rare roast beef
- 1/2 tomato, sliced, along the centre
- Spread 1 Mission Garden Spinach & Herb Wrap with 1 1/2 tbs cheese spread.
- Place 1/4 red capsicum, chopped; 1/4 yellow capsicum, chopped; 50g rare roast beef; and 1/2 tomato, sliced, along the centre.
- Drizzle over 1 tbs mild salsa. Roll up to enclose. Cut in half.
- 4 medium pita bread rounds
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 slices cold deli chicken
- 225g can pineapple pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- Baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
- Place bread on a flat surface. Spread with sauce. Top with chicken, pineapple pieces and cheese. Roll up to enclose filling.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Cook wraps for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp and cheese has melted. Set aside to cool. Cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate. Serve with lettuce.
Italian Antipasto Wraps
- 6 Mountain Bread white wheat wraps
- ‘6 slices prosciutto
- 12 slices bought chargrilled eggplant
- 1 x 210g ctn bocconcini, drained, thickly sliced
- 250g semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 x 80g pkt baby rocket leaves
- 1 x 150g ctn Wattle Valley basil with cashew & parmesan chunky dip
- Place wraps on a clean work surface. Top each wrap with a slice of prosciutto. Top with eggplant, bocconcini, tomatoes, rocket and dip. Season with salt and pepper. Roll up firmly to enclose filling.
- ‘Wrap in non-stick baking paper and serve immediately.
Recipes courtesy of www.taste.com.au