There’s so ‘mush’ to love about this brekkie. Loaded with flavour, it’ll keep you feeling full right through to lunchtime. For us, this Mushroom Brekkie Bowl is a Sunday morning favourite.
MUSHROOM BREKKIE BOWL
Dairy-free / Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 375g white cup mushrooms, sliced – we love using pre-sliced ones
- 200g diced tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup microwave brown rice or quinoa, cooked
- 2 eggs, boiled – if we’re in a hurry, we use pre-boiled eggs available at your local supermarket
- 2 tbsp hummus, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to garnish, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan on medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once heated, add the garlic, mushrooms, tomato, and basil. Cover and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the mushroom mix in a bowl on top of the baby spinach and brown rice or quinoa. Top with egg, hummus, coriander, salt and pepper.