Ready in no-time, this Low-Carb Zucchini Spaghetti Bolognese gives you all the flavour of an Italian feast – without the added calories.
Low-Carb Zucchini Spaghetti Bolognese
Dairy-Free / Refined Sugar-Free
- 100g of lean minced beef
- 1/2 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 celery stick, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp mixed herbs
- 100g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup of light beef stock
- 1 large zucchini, spiralled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray a large frypan with oil. On medium-high heat fry mince until browned and set aside. Add onion, carrot, celery and capsicum to the pan and cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms, herbs, tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- To your vegetables, now add the mince with 1⁄4 cup of beef stock. Cover and simmer for around 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Mix the zucchini spaghetti into the sauce. Cook for a further 3 minutes and serve with salt and pepper.