Any meal that you can prep beforehand and grab-and-go on the way to work in the morning is a winner, which is why we have this 12-Minute Miso-Glazed Salmon on repeat in our kitchen.
12-Minute Miso-Glazed Salmon
Dairy-Free / Refined Sugar-Free
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 salmon fillets (85g each)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix the miso paste, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl, whisking until combined.
- Place the salmon fillets (skin-side down) onto the prepared baking tray. Brush generously with the miso sauce.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the salmon has cooked to your liking. While the salmon cooks, cook quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Serve salmon over 1 cup of baby spinach and 1/2 cup quinoa. Squeeze lemon on top.
WANT TO MAKE IT WORK-FRIENDLY? With a few easy shortcuts, you can make this gut and skin-friendly lunch right at the office:
- Swap the raw salmon fillets for a 100g pre-cooked salmon fillet. Find this in the fridge section of most supermarkets.
- Swap the quinoa for a 125g tub of brown or black microwaveable rice. We love the brown rice and the super grains blend.
- Use the miso, vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic to make your salad dressing.
- In a bowl, add the microwaveable rice to the spinach leaves. Add the salmon fillet on top and drizzle with the dressing. Done – and delicious!