Say hello to this fluffy, creamy, jam-filled cake of deliciousness. Not to mention it’s a cleaned-up version that’s got all the flavour, minus the naughty stuff. This Healthy Jam & Cream Sponge Cake ticks all the boxes – especially when the KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer does all the hard work for you. So easy, so tasty, so GOOD.
HEALTHY JAM & CREAM SPONGE CAKE
Refined Sugar-free / Vegan
Makes 1 cake
- 400g self-raising flour
- 1 ¼ tsp bicarb of soda
- 250g coconut sugar
- 400ml nut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 115ml coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp jam, or more as needed for filling – we love using the healthy St Dalfour Strawberry Spread from Coles
- 4 tbsp coconut yoghurt, or more as needed for filling
- Icing sugar, to dust, when serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 x 23cm (or medium-sized) loose-bottomed cake tins.
- Using the KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, process the flour, bicarb soda, sugar, milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tins and bake for 40-45 mins until cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 mins in the tin, then remove and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread the jam evenly over one half of the cake, followed by the coconut yoghurt. Top with the second cake and dust with icing sugar to serve.