Emerald is so 2013. Yep, recently crowned Pantone’s colour of the year, you need to get on board with emerald green, pronto!
We’ve seen it on all the runways and worn by the biggest celeb style setters. Everyone is embracing emerald in full force. It’s the perfect colour for day or night, summer and winter. The rich, strong vibrancy of this jewel tone is always chic in winter, however there is also something very sexy about a summer glow against that green hue. A hot colour that works year round, we love it!
One great way to inject emerald into your wardrobe is to pair it with denim. Think a black top with green skinny jeans, or vice versa; match an emerald green shirt with white denim and tan wedge heels and you’re already on your way.
Party dresses in emerald green are the showstoppers this season. All you need to do is toughen up the look with some studded, standout jewellery and black patent pumps and you will bring out the green-eyed monster in everyone else!
Not surprisingly, blinging emerald green accessories are taking over too. It was no lucky coincidence that Beyonce belted out the American national anthem at the US President’s inauguration in those giant green gems… we know Bey is always on-trend, and matching it with a stunning black dress, that girl knows how to work it!
- We adore these high-waisted harem pants from KJ By Kirrily Johnston, $182 from The Iconic.
- Aussie label bassike has just brought out an entire range of tee’s and tanks in this fabulous colour too – we love this raw edge singlet, $90.
- This Peplum Bandeau Dress from Next is bang on trend for your next party, $99.
- This Folded Mini Skirt in Spot Print is so hip and a total bargain buy from ASOS, $40.78
- If you want to blend the hottest hue with the hottest texture this season – sequins – then this ASOS Maxi Dress in Sequin, $87.39, is perfect for you!
- Don’t forget your bling! These gorgeous Trent Nathan earrings, $49.95 from Myer, will do the trick!