YUM. If you’re looking for a veggie-friendly meal the whole family will love (yes, even the hardcore meat-eaters) then this Loaded Mexican Sweet Potato Nourish Bowl is for you.
LOADED MEXICAN SWEET POTATO NOURISH BOWL
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm thick chips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400g tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped – keeping aside a small handful, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 avocado
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped, to serve
- Fresh shallots, chopped, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine the sweet potato, oil, and paprika in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine, then spread evenly over the baking trays in a single layer. Roast for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden.
- While the sweet potato chips cook, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, remaining paprika and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Add the black beans and tomato and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the tomato has softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado adding lemon juice to the mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, layer the sweet potato chips, bean mix, guacamole, a dollop of sour cream and garnish with coriander, shallots, fresh tomato and lemon wedges.