Chocolate Avocado Mousse – a velvety vegan chocolate mousse recipe has all the gorgeous flavour you’re looking for with an ingredient list you’re going to love!
- 110g chopped semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips, at least 60% dark
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of SWIISH GUT FIBRE Cleansing Powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1–3 teaspoons light agave nectar or maple syrup, OK to substitute pure maple syrup, though the flavour may change slightly
- For serving: Add your favourite toppings – we love fresh pomegranates, fresh raspberries or freshly sliced strawberries
- Place the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 15-second bursts, stirring between each and watching carefully so that the chocolate does not burn. When the chocolate is almost completely melted, remove it from the microwave and stir until smooth. Set aside and let cool until just barely warm.
- Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop them into a food processor fitted with a steel blade or high-powered blender. Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, SWIISH GUT FIBRE Cleansing Powder, almond milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend until very smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. Taste and add a few teaspoons of agave or sweetener of choice if additional sweetness is desired.
- Spoon into glasses. Enjoy immediately as a pudding, or for a thicker, mousse-like consistency, refrigerate until well chilled, 2 hours or overnight. Serve topped with preferred toppings – pomegranate, raspberries or sliced strawberries
WANT MORE? CHECK OUT OUR RECIPES SECTION AND OUR BOOKS FOR MORE NUTRITIOUS TASTY MEALS.