Recipe from: Super Easy cookbook
Calories: 596 per serve
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Moroccan or Middle Eastern spice mix
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 250g pearl couscous
- 200g sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- 12 prunes, pitted & sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat thoroughly. Set aside while you crack on with the tabouli.
- Prepare the pearl couscous according to packet instructions. Season generously with salt and pepper whilst it’s cooking.
- While the pearl couscous cooks. combine the rest of the salad ingredients (except for the olive oil & lemon juice) together in a large bowl.
- Drain the couscous and add to the salad, along with the olive oil and lemon juice. Toss to combine and season to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the cutlets in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or longer until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the salad between serving bowls and top with the cutlets. Serve immediately.
Tip: if you find your pearl couscous clumps together when you drain it, just run a little cold water through it and set aside for a few minutes to drain. You can also mix in a teaspoon of olive oil if need be.